Stormy night - Yacht ConoSur

Go to content

Main menu:

Logs > Previous years > 2016 > June and July > Bangor to Whitehaven
 
“I think I will have a shower before we eat” – good job we did that as soon as we were happy with the anchor. We dropped the hook in 28 feet of water as we knew it was a large spring tide and would be in single figures at low tide and hunkered down for the storm. We put out our 90 feet of chain.
Very confused to start with and we blew around a 180 foot distance in the bay and then the wind changed to a constant SSW and we waited for the blow.
Well it came, constant 32-35 knts peaking at a little over 37, at least it was still light, but when would it end.
Our track at anchor is quite interesting.
Calmed down towards 01:00 so I waited until high tide at 01:45 before heading to bed, two hours later it whipped up and I got up as we were still in 25+ feet of water.
07:00 no wind, just a beam rock, yuk.
 
Back to content | Back to main menu